Holiday Interior Design Ideas:
Spruce up your home decor with stunning holiday vessels!
Quick and Easy Formula:
1. Start with a vessel - bowl or vase (or any large glass container) - key is to be sure the scale is large enough so that it makes an impact! I have a lot of Simon Pearce hand blown glass, but Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel have great choices too.
2. Then gather decorative holiday elements - ornaments, fruits, greenery, branches and stems of sparkles and baubles. Key is to use a variety and group same colors together. Note: you will probably be surprised how many things you have in your own holiday boxes, but if you don't - happily support one of your local retailers.
3. Next start assembling. Lay a base of a background element, then layer the other elements until your vessel looks stunning! See your home decor come alive for the holidays!
1. Bowl of Fruit for Entry: elements needed - a large bowl with a very wide rim, two kinds of greenery (one has gold glitter on the tips of the branches), a dozen gold pears and a half dozen or so stems of golden baubles.
Gold pears tie in to the existing accessories and add an holiday elegance atop the entry chest. How can you accent your entry with home decor for the holidays?
2. Cocktail Table Centerpiece: elements needed - a large tall bowl, 3 - 4 dozen glass ornaments (use a couple shades of blue and a few silver thrown in for interest), an 8' chain of cobalt blue beads to entwine throughout and some stems of silvery sparkles to accent the top.
You can highlight your centerpiece with a tray filled with a coordinating selection. This centerpiece is set off with a silver tray holding whimsical glass ice cubes and glass candies. Be creative and let your imagination come up with interior design ideas for the holidays!
3. Bar Top Centerpiece: elements needed - a large tall triangular vase, a couple of white branches with white sparkles, a bunch of metallic gold grasses and some gold branches with clear sparkles. Assemble layering the taller branches in the center and working your way to the outside. Add a large tray, crystal rocks and gold candles to complete the look.
Click on these links or scroll down for my Lighting Series: get practical lighting tips and interior design ideas that you can use to enhance your home decor.
Remember scale when creating your centerpieces. This one is 4' tall! Always go for the largest scale your space can handle - that way you will be confident you are creating impact and drama! Follow these quick and easy interior design ideas and you will create your own stunning home decor for the holidays!
Action Step #1 Switch Your Switches
Action Step #2 Light Your Life with Lamps and Lights
Lighting Series Intro: Lighting Interior Design Ideas - Lift Your Spirits with Light
Action Step #3: Accentuate with Accent Lights - Coming NextPlease write with your comments or questions and let me know how I can best help you with interior design ideas for lighting solutions that will lift your spirits and create a positive impact in your life. email@example.com
Barbara Krai Interior Design - Serving Clearwater, St. Petersburg, Palm Harbor, Oldsmar, Dunedin, Odessa, Safety Harbor, Lutz, Avila, Cheval, New Port Richey, Bradenton, Lakeland and all surrounding Tampa Bay Beaches and regional areas along the West Coast of Florida.